Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Penny (Copper) Foamposite Story from 2/14/10

Okay now if you know me than you know I'm the biggest sneaker head that you probably know,with that said for months i have been anticipating the release of the Copper Foamposites by Nike,normally i would have had them early but Nike was very tight lipped on these.On the eve of the release i sat wondering really debating with my own self and close friends about going to the midnight release,well not really cause i knew i was going lol...So at 12:20 Joker(My right hand man) and i began this journey into Gotham...34th and 7th to be exact.
We began our journey with much spirit and hope,we had a few locations to hit i will leave nameless because of future releases but lets just say we had a plan.The FDR was the route we took and we were moving fast,And at 12:36 we ended up in traffic behind Gracie Mansion...WTF is all i could think i wasn't sure how many pairs were released or how many people were down on 34th,all i knew was i needed to be at Foot action.I look to my right and Joker is sleep,WTF how do you sleep at a time like this,Anyway i flick 1010wins to find that an over sized truck was stuck in the tunnel,Got Damn!Well we sat in traffic for about 15 Min's.And i took off like a bat out of hell,i exit of the FDR on 34th and we head west.
As we approach 7th Ave.I see a sea of people at Footlocker so now i began to think okay its about 400 people on that line i heard rumors the store was getting at least a 1000 pair so we should be good?.Joker say's lets go back uptown to the remote location we were told about about a hour or 2 ago but i say Nah- As i approach the corner of 7th i see the Foot action and this line was even longer but the sneakerholic in me found a parking spot and we approached this massive line.The line had to be at least 600 people no bullshit.We stood on the corner for maybe 4 to 5 minutes in disbelief,i never seen anything like it,all i could think was there are Others like me and it felt Good yet bad because everybody wanted my kicks.We made the decision to walk to footlocker and see what it looked like up close,as we cross 7th ave we see a slew of people with these footlocker bags and i shout,A Boss How Dose The Line Look? They turned around and said its crazy over there but we have 2 tickets for foot action the sneakers are guaranteed you just have to wait till they call your number...It felt like Xmas and i was 5 or 6 years old! But there was a catch each ticket had a size on it and so i look down mines was a 8 and a half which i can wear with no problem but my true size is a 9...Joker on the other hand ended up with a 7 and half which was bad news for him cause he's a 10......So we cross the street and head straight to the doors of foot action,by now I'm all gigity gigity (No Kwagmyer) but Joker has this look like this might not be all good.So my 1st question to the security was what number are you guys on? His response was 105....WHAT! My ticket was 307 and Joker was 306...My next question was can you change the size of the shoe that's printed on the ticket.....He said NO!
Joker pretty much turns blue,but we do this so with out thought joker,myself and by now we have bumped into a few people we knew head to Footlocker,I make sure i have enough time first before my number is called and i do...
So now we are in front of Footlocker and it was like they were giving out turkeys on 125th street.The seen was chaos at its best ,there were 2 cops about 500 people and very lil order,but joker had a plan or just really didn't give 2 shits cause i turned to talk to a few of my people and by the time i turned back he was about 4Th on line.All i could do was laugh And just then the footlocker worker comes out and says we only have sizes 7.5 theres no 8 threw 10 sold out!Wow was my reaction and a whole lot of other people,me knowing every one on this line that needs those sizes are headed to foot action i tell joker ill meet you in front of FA and i took off!
Joker showed up about 20mins later with a 10.5 cause they sold out of 10's so he was pissed trying to find some one who had a 10 eventually we bumped into the homie from Goliath and he had a duffel with multiple pairs and had no problem helping by switching,So now joker is happy....but the ticket numbers were still being called in the early 2 hundreds and i had 307.So now the Harlem comes out of me and i began to speed things up by talking to the bouncers and the manager who occasionally shows face,before you knew it we were joking,some was smoking a lil drinking and lots of storytelling and oh yeah Heavy sneaker play on peoples feet,all ways good!
Finally my number is called....But by now i have been thinking i need the 9 instead of the 8.5 and its time to use my gift of gab...i get in the store and the dude who collects the tickets tells me i cant change the size so i give him the shit face and ask the female cashier she also denies me...so back to that manager who was showing face threw out the night who i joked with,kept making conversation every time he came out side and so on...He comes over to me at the register to ask whats going on i say "didn't realize they run small and i need a 9" He says to the cashier give this brother a 9! And i cheese smile all the way home. And Yuup i would do it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment